JETechnology Solutions, Inc. is a firm that specializes in providing Aircraft Ground Support equipment for the aerospace industry.
Our employees work in fast-paced, collaborative environments, which promote development and innovation. We employ professionals who are driven by success and dedicated to our achieving our clients’ critical missions.
From prototyping new systems to high quantity production programs, our employees are dedicated to providing our clients with leading-edge solutions.
We are growing so we are actively seeking a Welder to work out of our Headquarters in Apopka, FL for our weekend shift. Hours will be from 6:00 am – 6:30 pm , Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Roles and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Constructing and repairing various metal parts via industry-standard welding techniques.
- Welding various types of metal on large platforms, and other structures.
- Installing equipment & pipes such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and foundations.
- Welding various components on tables/benches in flat, vertical positions. Occasionally welding in-place at installation and in overhead positions.
- Accurately examining and measuring work pieces for defects etc.
- Measuring work pieces to ensure correct specifications.
- Creating jigs and clamping fixtures, as required, to ensure perpendicularity and conformance to the drawings.
- Preheating pipes and work pieces, using hand torch or heating furnace.
- Notifying managers of any defective or faulty equipment or material. Notifying managers of opportunities for improvement in designs, parts, materials, or processes.
- Constantly monitoring the fitting, burning, and welding processes.
- Removing rough spots or loose metal from work pieces.
- Perform welding operations per company policies and procedures, per industry standards, and per manufacturing drawings and sketches.
- Support engineering design efforts as it relates to manufacturability of parts.
- Fabricate work pieces IAW engineering designs.
- 2+ years welding experience with strong concentration in Aluminum alloy and special alloy
- Education at high school or trade school level is required.
- Must have own tools (Wrenches, Sockets, Pliers, Screwdrivers, Calipers, Measuring Tapes, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Certified welding helmet, etc.).
- Experience in MIG and/or TIG welding.
- Experience and proficient at reading manufacturing drawings, parts lists and sketches.
- Proficient in the use of general hand tools (Drills, Grinders, Calipers, Saws, etc.)
- Able to work independently and in a fast paced environment.
- Standing required for minimum 6 hours per day.
- Able to lift up of 50 lbs.
- Mandatory Overtime when required.
- Able to fabricate and assemble work pieces.
Day Shift is Monday-Thursday, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm. Over time required.
Weekend Shift is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 am-6:30 pm. Work 36 hours on the weekend shift and get paid for 40 hours! Must work a total of 36 hours to be eligible for the benefit.
Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401k and additional benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Apopka, FL 32703: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- MIG welding: 2 years (Required)
- TIG welding: 2 years (Required)
- Welding Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location