Since 1943 N.R. Murphy Ltd prides itself on being a people-oriented company focused on designing and manufacturing the highest quality of air pollution control equipment. N.R. Murphy is currently looking to hire a fitter/welder as a part of its fabrication division. In this position, the successful applicant will work alongside the fabrication team to build and fabricate dust collectors, components, and accessories.
- Layouts, fit and weld metal components, at the discretion of the Production Supervisor.
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineered drawings of metal products.
- Utilize a variety of tools including welders, grinders, torches, shears, saws, iron workers, brake presses, drills, and rollers to construct the steel products as per drawings.
- Will also need to utilize overhead cranes and ladders.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Production experience.
- Experience with grinders, torches, forklifts, cranes, hoists, shears, saws, irons workers & brake press.
- Be able to read and interpret engineered drawings.
- Ability to work in a safe manner.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Knowledge or experience with Dust Collection is an asset.
- Willing to use ladders, must be comfortable with heights.
- Able to stand regularly and lift or move up to 75 lbs.
- 40 hours per week with possible overtime
- 7am – 4pm Monday – Thursday, 7am – 1pm Friday
- Must bring your own: Tools, Steel-toed safety boots, and welding helmet and attire.
- Covid Restrictions: Sanitation protocols, masks when necessary, daily health checks.
- May have to pass a welding test before hire.
Salary & Benefits
- Hourly wage: $26.00 – $28.00
- Company Paid Benefits (3 months after start date)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welder/Fitter: 3 years (required)