Job Summary: Manufacturing company seeking a Welder/Fitter.
Location: Bowmanville, ON
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00AM to 4:30PM
Start Date: ASAP
Wage: Based on experience and skill.
- Assemble parts accurately to drawings and specifications.
- Primarily welding GMAW carbon steel.
- Some welding of GTAW stainless steel and aluminum.
- Experience with welding thin gauge (from 1/8″) and multi-pass joints (3/8″ to 3/4″ welds).
- Use of cutting equipment (saw, torch, gouging) to prepare parts.
- Use of shop tools to grind, clean, and polish welded parts.
- Repair work as required.
- Assemble and install other components to weldment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CWB certification in GMAW carbon steel and GTAW stainless and aluminum.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Ability to setup and operate welding machines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and parts specifications.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use an overhead crane, handling material up to 10,000 lbs.
- Ability to use measuring equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday