With an emphasis on your fitting skills, this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team manufacturing a wide variety of metal enclosure products. The MIG welding department utilizing best-in-class Fronius machines and Panasonic robotic weld cells plays an integral role in daily production activities. New technology sector products constantly evolving make the work place interesting and rewarding.
- Interpret engineered drawings / weld symbols to fit and weld complex steel, aluminum, and stainless products.
- Fit complex and precision metal fabrications to guarantee geometry of weldment prior to applying final welds.
- MIG weld all three materials typically between 1mm and 5mm thick including all joint types and up-hand seam.
- TIG weld steel and stainless steel specialty enclosures.
- Establish and program settings for Miller and Fronius welding machines including CMT technology.
- Ensure quality workmanship and efficiency in all daily production activities.
- Follow company procedures for accurate production reporting, quality assurance, and safety.
- 10+ years of previous welding and fitting experience with thin sheet metal assemblies.
- Extensive experience with fitting techniques using modular weld tooling and quality instruments.
- CWB certification would be an asset.
- Strong level of competency in both MIG and TIG welding practices.
- Solid comprehension of AWS welding symbols and technique.
- Strong ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/diagrams.
We thank you for your interest in working for Melitron. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Melitron is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a specific accommodation, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process.