EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Degree or GED
- 1 year related experience in an industrial / manufacturing atmosphere or approved my Manager.
- Ability to read an engineering print
- Ability to use hand and power tools to assist welders in performing maintenance, preparation, repairs, or tests. Ability to use proper measuring tools and inspection tools to perform quality inspections.
- Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Good communication skills to effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to maintain Shop Supervisors production and efficiency goals
- Perform related tasks such as grinding using hand tools as well as stationary grinders
- Operate Hydrostatic test unit in a safe and productive manner
- Inspect materials to be welded
- Compliance with all company safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe work area
- Follow verbal or written instructions
- Inspection of hand or power tools for suitability prior to use
- Maintain acceptable reject, scrap rates, and production rates.
- Identify problems and be able to correct most of them with little assistance.
- Maintain proper maintenance of machine, equipment and facilities and keep in proper condition.
- Responsible for recording all labor hours with time system accurately.
- May assist in training new employees in proper mechanical techniques.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction