Scope of Responsibility: Under the direction of the supervisor, the lead person provides training, guidance and direction to assigned employees in an efficient, clean, safe and cost effective manner in order to achieve the goals and key performance metrics in line with the organization’s objectives. Must be able to pass and certify 3G and 4G FCAW welding test.
- Oversee and delegate daily tasks to assigned production employees
- Use the company s computer system (EPICOR/Vantage – MES), to collect labor hours and track process information on each job Supervise employee duties to insure Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals are being met
- Prepare proper training for production employees as needed
- Check that housekeeping is maintained in area
- Use Microsoft Outlook (email) to communicate within and outside of the department
- Operate various materials handling equipment, to include but not limited to, overhead cranes, forklift, and pallet jacks
- Assist employees in reading and interpreting blue prints
- Assist in the implementation of the master plan to ensure goals and project delivery dates are met
- Help ensure machinery, tools, and equipment are in good working order
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed Ensure a quality product is being produced while at the same time able to assist in solving problems as they arise
- Assign work to meet daily priorities, helps to determine if departmental overtime is needed to meet customer ship dates, and provides any other assistance as directed by the supervisor
- Observe and document employee performance for the supervisor
- Assist in conducting employee evaluations
- Able to effectively conduct weekly Safety meetings as required by Management and the Safety Department
- Additional duties as assigned
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred.
- Must learn how to effectively use the Epicor/Vantage computer system to report data, check job schedules, inventory levels, routings, bill of materials, as well as, train new and existing employees
- Must be able to read blue prints and visually inspect shafts and hardware
- Must be able to read and understand Sabre s Quality Manual and manufacturing tolerances.
- Must learn how to communicate effectively; orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions in work flow and constantly changing priorities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time with the ability to move throughout the office or outside manufacturing plant as needed.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of fingers, hands and arms, such as sitting, typing, using office equipment and reaching. Some additional physical activities may require walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
Sabre Wide Cultural Elements:
Cares about our customer, each other and the product/outcome they deliver
Leads with questions to understand the how and why so that we can improve
Competes with a passion to achieve uncommon results
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity