Welder/Repair Technician – Full Time
Pentalift Equipment Corporation is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of loading dock equipment and industrial material handling equipment. Along with lift tables we produce rotating lifts, industrial platform lifts, positioning tables, multistage scissor lift solutions, and tilters in numerous configurations. Dock equipment includes dock levelers, dock lifts, vehicle restraints and dock seal and shelter systems.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time permanent Welder/Repair Technician to join our team. This is a unique position that offers the variety of splitting time with days spent in new equipment manufacturing in the factory and days spent in the field conducting equipment installations and repairs (some field welding).
This role is day shift, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- (Shop) Fit and weld lift tables, dock levelers and other material handling equipment
- (Shop) Read and interpret blue prints, sketches, and drawing specifications
- (Shop) Weld fabrications as per drawing
- (Shop) Simple hydraulic plumbing and hose routing
- (Field) Install dock equipment including dock lifts, levelers, vehicle restraints, shelters, seals, and lights
- (Field) Diagnose and repair loading dock equipment
- (Field) Perform Preventative Maintenance inspections on customer facilities
- Safe work practices to be followed at all times
- Work in a safe manner according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Strive for continuous improvements
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
- Ideally 1 year welding and fitting experience
- Steel toed boots and welding helmet are required
- Possess a positive attitude and work well in a team oriented environment
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, should you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs during all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent