Scope of Responsibility: Weld together components using oxy-fuel torch to pre-heat parts to be welded in accordance with published welding codes and specifications
- Manually positions pole assembly in pole rollers into proper position for welding.
- Reads and interprets drawings (including weld symbols) and specifications to determine proper location of attachments, as well as weld size and configuration.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides feet, inches, fractions, and decimals. Uses tables to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions
- Adjusts welding machines to achieve desired results within parameters of established welding procedures. Frequently pushes pulls and lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Uses oxy-fuel torch to pre-heat parts to be welded in accordance with published welding codes and specifications
- Uses GMAC or FCAW welding process to weld small components or assemblies in 1G and 2F positions
- Wears protective equipment, including safety glasses, insulated welding gloves, leather sleeves and/or cape and welding hood
- Works in confined areas at various locations on the small pole assembly line as necessary to weld components described above
- Uses chipping hammer, wire brush, motorized grinders, and motorized wire brush at various times to clean welded areas.
- Uses pneumatic drills and magnetic drills to drill carious size holes on pole assembly as required by drawings and specifications
- Visually inspects his/her work to identify material discrepancies and to ensure that welds have been completed satisfactorily in compliance with applicable drawings and specifications.
- Uses overhead cranes to transport and move material. Overhead crane training will be required.
- Uses a weld gauge to measure weld size, standard and metric
- Reads and interprets work orders and daily production schedules.
- Corrects labor reporting in MES system to ensure operations are complete.
- Assists fitter in assembling pole assembly when needed. Uses measuring tape, level, square and angle finder to measure distances and angles
- Uses oxy-fuel cutting torch and plasma-arc torch for cutting steel.
- Operates assembly line cart system to move tubular shafts into position for cutting on band saw and for fitting. Operates band saw for cutting tubular shafts according to specifications.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Mig welding experience preferred
- Must have a basic math aptitude.
- Must be able to determine amperage and voltage settings.
- Must be able to determine weld size and amount of penetration.
- Must be able to determine bend radius on arms.
- Able to accurately use measuring instruments such as tape measure, heat stick-method (material temp.), weld bead gauge and metric gauge
- Must be able to understand and communicate verbally in English language.
- Must possess adequate dexterity and stamina to sustain expected production effectively.
- Knowledge and awareness of the safety issues related to each operation performed within the department.
- Must be able to stand 100% of scheduled shift. Must be able to use foot pedal to operate equipment.
- Lifting, pushing, prying, and dragging heavy materials up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, tugging, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, ability to pick/pinch and work with fingers, repetitive motions of wrists/hands/finger, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in an open environment for long shifts (including weekends) exposed to extreme temperatures, standing entire shift
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
- Visual acuity to perform visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes
- Must be able to pass a commercial driver vision test.
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Additional Job Information