1. Primarily responsible for performing needed welding jobs on equipment and machinery.
2. Monitors and performs routine preventive maintenance and repair to existing machinery, buildings and equipment.
3. Is called upon during major water and wastewater pipeline leaks for the welding repairs.
4. Performs additional welding / mechanical duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
2. Must have the ability to comprehend, carry out and administer written and oral instruction.
3. Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials.
4. Must have the ability to interpret mechanical drawings.
Education and Experience:
1. One-year experience in various forms of welding.
2. Requires a valid Texas Driver’s License.
3. Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Environmental Factors, Activity Levels and Equipment
This position requires continuous physical exertion often of a strenuous nature. Lifts or pulls/pushes 50 pounds on a daily basis and up to 100 pounds on a weekly basis in order to repair and service pumps, motors and machinery while using various hand tools and equipment. Working conditions include exposure to weather, odor, noise, chemical hazards, gases and dust. Hand and power tools including drill press and lathe, welding equipment, emergency lighting equipment, safety equipment and crane.