Job Title: Welder V – Supervisor
Job Description: Upon proper training, assist our manufacturing crew in converting one time use shipping containers into useable portable buildings for the US military.
About us: Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, American Patriot has been working to supply Department of Defense with products and services they need to remain operational. To help in our effort to support the Warfighter, we are hiring a motivated Carpenter in the Willow City, TX area! As a leader in Defense industrial distribution, American Patriot has been a front runner in the development of mission critical manufactured items for DoD. American Patriot offers a competitive compensation package. One that includes, medical, dental, PTO and a matching 401k plan.
About the Role:
Welder V: You will help us fulfill our government contracts by being able to:
- Fabricate new products and products not frequently built.
- Lead a welding crew of 5-8.
- Mentor and teach junior welders.
- Report directly to the Welding Manager.
- Operate our automated band saw and chop saw to cut square tubing, c-channel, and angle.
- Grind down welds and prep metal for paint.
- Paint products in a paint booth using an airless spray gun.
- Help other departments as necessary (painting, electrical, carpentry).
- You must have Welding Certificates.
- You must have 8 years of occupational experience as a welder that can be VERIFIED by calling past supervisors.
- You must have 2 years of occupational experience as a welding SUPERVISOR verified by calling a past manager.
- Be able to learn our product in a timely matter in order to teach the fabrication process to other welders.
- Must be able to justify placement in a leadership position during an in-person interview.
Higher compensation will be considered for candidates with VERIFIABLE experience (through references from past supervisors). This includes experience with:
- Heavy duty metal cutting equipment
- Angle grinders
- Painting (Gun, roller, and/or brush)
- Paint Prep
- Being in a leadership position (Welding Supervisor/Manager)
- Opportunity to receive welding training and work into a higher paid welding position.
- Consistent schedule:
- Work at the same location every day.
- Come home at the same time every day.
- Make 40 hours every week.
- Weekends are always off.
- Paid weekly.
- 5 days of paid time off per year.
- Up to 6 paid holidays per year.
- Profit sharing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $25.99 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
APSS is a federal contractor. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated within 60 days of being hired.
Work Location: One location