TechnipFMC is a global leader in the energy industry, specialized in subsea and surface technologies integrated projects, products, and services. Our mission and vision: to enhance the performance and drive real change in the traditional and new energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions, tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges and investing in our 20,000+ employees worldwide.
If contributing to breakthrough projects in a truly global playground inspires you, this might be the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Fabrication Supervisor, the Welder III performs a variety of skilled, specialized, and complicated welds on small parts and frames.
The position requires advanced knowledge of standard welding processes, practices, and procedures.
The Welder III is responsible to fabricate, fit, and weld parts together to produce structural and pressure containing components.
The Welder III must be qualified to use GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW. The Welder III work must be completed with general direction from Supervisor.
The Welder III may lead and or develop lower level welders.
You are meant for this job if:
- 5-10+ years of experience in the welding trades.
- Ability to pass 3G qualification test for structural plate using multiple processes and materials.
- Strong ability to Analyzes blueprints, specifications and procedures to plan layout, assembly and welding operations.
- Inspects grooves, angles and gap allowances; using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring devices.
- Intermediate to advanced math skills including fractions and decimals.
- Occasionally required to work overtime.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the country, without sponsorship.
- Displays initiative and performs duties with minimal supervision.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills to create and manage files, enter data and send/receive email.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solves and makes decisions while following company policies.
- Multi-tasks in a fast paced environment effectively while meeting deadlines.
- Contributes to a positive work environment adhering to the company’s Code of Business Conduct and Foundational Beliefs.
- Previous experience welding Duplex, Aluminum, and Titanium material.
- Trade School Weld Program or similar certificates in welding industry.
- Previous experience operating horizontal and vertical bandsaws, manual mills and lathes.
- Previous certification to AWS and ASME weld procedures.
- Previous operation of Overhead crane use and Rigging.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is performed on a manufacturing floor around heavy machinery.
- The Fabrication Department site operates on a work 4×10 schedule with periodic overtime required.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to perform repetitive motions; to sit, talk, and/or hear.
- Ability to wear proper PPE for machine shop environment such as steel toed boots, safety glasses and ear protection.
- Standing on concrete floors for long periods and frequent sitting is required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. repeatedly.
Learn more about TechnipFMC and find other open positions by visiting our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
TechnipFMC promotes inclusion and diversity, guaranteeing equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability or any other plurality.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $32.00 – $37.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Shingle Springs, CA 95682: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location