Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
TransCanada Turbines (TCT) is the sole authorized overhaul, repair and maintenance service
provider for Siemens Energy and General Electric (GE) aeroderivative industrial gas turbines,
serving an expanding international client base.
TCTransCanada Turbines’ key strength is our people, who offer quality and flexibility that only
an independent organization can provide.
We are currently seeking experienced Component Repair Welders (Aviation) to join our
Reporting to the Team Leader, Component Repair (Aviation) Welder, is a highly skilled welder,
specifically trained to work with aircraft structures, and special materials using the tungsten inert
gas (TIG) process. Welders will work with alloys such as nickel, aluminum, magnesium, titanium,
cobalt, stainless steel, and carbon steel. You would perform electric arc processes, resistance
welding, and oxyfuel/oxyacetylene set-up, cutting, welding and brazing procedures.
Duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Preparation of parts for weld repair in accordance with company procedures using various
machines & techniques.
- Theoretical knowledge of metallurgy is a necessity.
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings, specifications, repair schemes &
component routing documents. Use of measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers,
height gauges etc.
- Engage in the integration and development of new weld repair capabilities including the
identification of equipment & development of both repair techniques and tooling as required
in conjunction with supervision & engineering personnel.
- Re-establish contours and other features on repaired components by hand blending /
- Operation and maintenance of an auto TIG machine.
- Perform welding duties to support high levels of personal and company performance to
achieve the company goal of “Best in Class” Operations.
- Provide assistance when required to internal & external auditors.
- Willingness to cross train & gather new skills in support of the companies changing needs as
well as helping to cross train others to achieve same.
- Work closely with the Engineering, HSE and Quality departments to understand company
policies and ensure that welding is carried out as per TCT policies and procedures. Leading by
example, demonstrate positive support for company policies by demonstrating an ongoing
commitment to reinforce departmental acceptance. Make recommendations on policy and
working procedures and engage in the continuous improvement drive to attain the best in
class target, improve shop productivity and profit of the company in general.
- Increase knowledge of the HSE Policy and Manual and maintain a positive attitude towards
the health and safety of myself and my coworkers.
- Take ownership of HSE issues and demonstrate enthusiasm and support for HSE.
- Other duties as directed by Team Leader, Component Repair.
Employee / team flexibility is of prime importance to TransCanada Turbines. It is important that
all employees are willing and able to assist with any activity, at any time, as necessary to support
the needs of a changing and demanding customer base in the gas turbine repair and overhaul
- Journeyman Welder – Interprovincial Red Seal
- 5+ years related experience or a combination of education and experience is required
- Shift work is required (Day & Evening shift rotation)
- CAA Certification (Aviation) is preferred
- Aerospace welding experience would be considered an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Successful completion of a post-offer medical and drug & alcohol test
- A full comprehensive benefits package, 100% employer paid
- Company paid RRSP contributions
- Disability & Life Insurance
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
Qualified candidates can apply directly to [email protected]
For more information about TCT please visit our website: www.tcturbines.com
**Only those selected for an interview will be contacted**