Toyotetsu Canada Inc. (TTCA) is proud to be a part of the global Toyotetsu Team. As 1 of 19 locations, across the world, all Toyotetsu locations are Customer Focused, Safety Oriented and Quality Driven. TTCA is determined to be known as a reliable partner to our Customers. We pride ourselves on being a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier and providing our Team Members with a world class manufacturing experience. As a manufacturer of automotive parts, we are committed to ensuring TTCA delivers superior products and services. In order to meet our goals and targets TTCA recognizes the need and value of great Team Members.
TTCA is looking for a reliable, team oriented, analytical and results driven Team Member to join our Welding Engineering team in the role of Welding Engineering Specialist.
The Welding Engineering Specialist is primarily responsible for maintaining plant programs related to GMAW, spot-welding and projection welding cells. These programs include: managing new projects and equipment from the design, procurement and installation to production phases ensuring maximum production quantity and quality and support for repair.
The Welding Engineering Specialist will drive efficiencies, challenging the status quo while introducing and testing alternative methods to improve productivity, efficiency and reliability of equipment. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment where they are self-motivated and appreciate the autonomy and ownership of the GMAW, spot-welding and projection welding equipment from end to end.
Day in the life of a Welding Engineering Specialist at TTCA:
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement plans to ensure overall equipment performance (quality, health and safety, efficiency and reliability).
- Troubleshoots issues, implement counter measures and/or improvements
- Engage with the Engineering and Management team to prioritize work, at all stages, from research and development to design and manufacturing.
- Investigate, research and propose cost effective equipment modifications to improve machine reliability, health and safety, product quality and throughput
- Writes technical specifications for the procurement of equipment, tooling and utilities
- Lead the design, construction, acceptance testing and installation for equipment and tooling
- Define the operating process parameters for equipment and tooling
- Participate in the maintenance documentation for equipment (spare part list, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting guide, lock out procedure, etc.)
- Participate in the manufacturing of the prototype parts and communicate lessons learned.
- Setup of all equipment in Welding for all new Jigs/processes for production.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Degree/ Diploma in either Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 (three) years hands-on engineering experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Working knowledge of automotive GMAW, spot welding and projection welding
- Knowledge of computer or PLC based machine control systems is an asset
- Solid understanding of automation and/or Robotics is desirable
- CAD experience (Inventor, AutoCAD) is desirable
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
- Able to operate a variety of machine tools, i.e. mig/stick welders, lathes, milling machines, hand tools, etc. is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills
- Able to read / interpret blueprints, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within a Cross-Functional Technical Team
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care