Iron Creek Industries formally known as Armstrong Machine Shop Ltd. is a family-owned and locally operated Welding & Fabricating company serving the North Okanagan and beyond.
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to fill an important key management role within our team. If you are looking for an exceptional place to work, be part of a supportive team with a positive working atmosphere then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Full-Time Experienced Shop Manager.
– Grow & manage existing accounts by establishing primary contacts, building & maintaining relationships
– Prospecting & developing potential new customer opportunities
– Review & preparation of written quotes to customers for new projects
– Purchasing of raw materials and subcontract services from approved suppliers
– Purchasing shop supplies, cutting tools, fabrication consumables and shop equipment
– Target on-time delivery improvements on all projects, spare parts & stock
– Short- & long-term planning, streamlining production & identifying when subcontracting is required
– Supervision of the Machine Shop employee personnel
– Determine & substantiate schedules & overtime hours required to stay on track for projects on the floor
– Actively promote safe working practices, follow good manufacturing practices and participate in continuous improvement
– Conduct toolbox talks weekly, communicating relevant safety & work-related messages
– Active involvement in recruiting, including general job descriptions, interviews and performance reviews
– Provide detailed work status reports (verbal & written) to Production Managers
– Working alongside Administration Office Personnel to help streamline procedures & processes from shop floor
– 5+ years of Experience in Management Positions
– Knowledge of Welding/Fabricating/Machining Trades
– Knowledge of Steel Industry & working with products/services related
– Experience with computerized accounting procedures is beneficial
– Be able to work 8-10 hours/day and 5 days a week
– High quality standards and attention to detail
– Strong work ethic and self motivated
– Reliable & a team player
What We Offer:
– Competitive wages based on experience & skill.
– Extensive medical & dental benefit plans.
If you are interested in a rewarding opportunity to be apart of a positive and reputable company, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care