Location: Burlington, Ontario Canada
- Performs primary research into applications of Xiris technology to various welding and metal deposition processes.
- Ensures that Xiris’ products targeting the welding market are tested in appropriate conditions, reducing our reliance on external testing.
- Assists Xiris to provide more informed direction to our welding customers on the use of our products.
- Identifies relevant industrial welding standards and researches (in collaboration with other Engineering staff) how automated inspection equipment could be used by our customers to ensure compliance.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in welding processes, techniques and procedures.
- Ensures technical correctness of welding-specific terminology in our application notes, marketing materials, etc.
- Assists in the ideation of new product development based on identifying opportunities for current and future imaging and/or automated inspection technologies.
- Assists in qualifying technical concepts related to sales inquiries.
- Develops application specific knowledge and documentation to assist our customers in implementing best-practices for systems integration using Xiris’ products.
- Be responsible for setting up and managing a welding laboratory where our products can be tested in live welding conditions.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Postgraduate Degree in Engineering or Physics with studies in welding and/or metallurgy.
- Practical, hands on experience in working with manual and/or automated welding systems.
- Ability to perform methodical research to solve a technical problem.
- Effective problem-solving, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Strong command of spoken and written English mandatory
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated and tolerant of ambiguity
- Primarily lab / office environment; may require occasional travel to customer sites (primarily in North America) if required (> 10%)
Submit Resume to: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from highly qualified individuals and will only be contacting those applicants who appear to be a potential best fit. We thank all other applicants for their interest in our opportunity.