Mancor Industries is a world class precision manufacturer of metal components and sub-assemblies that use metal cutting, forming, machining, welding, assembly and paint. We use state-of-the-art machining and fabrication techniques in a lean, self-directed work team manufacturing environment to produce high value-added, cost-effective products for our strategic partners.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for optimizing the productivity and quality of welding.
- Communicate welding procedures / weld specs / welding parameters to employees.
- Communicate weld defects, customer weld issues and complaints to departments and employees.
- Communication with CWB regarding certification of welders.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications, establish appropriate parameters for welding machines and gas mixes.
- Accurately document and maintain information in written or electronic form in accordance with welding and quality procedures.
- Assist Quality, Engineering and Production Departments with problem solving where welding is involved.
- Assist Engineering and Production Departments with introduction of new products related to welds, welds specs, sizes etc. per customer specifications and documents.
- Conduct welding cost and time estimates for new products.
- Assist engineers in design, configuration and/or application of robotic systems.
- Continuous improvements on manual/robotic weld quality and productivity.
- Establish needs for all welding related items, e.g. welding helmets, welding tools, etc. and issue to welders as required.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance per established schedules on welding machines.
- Assist Production, Engineering and Quality Departments to deliver quality welding results.
- Conduct weld inspections, visual inspections, and conduct cross section tests of parts. Measure dimensions of work pieces to ensure conformance using calipers, micrometers, height gages, templates, rulers, etc.
- Ensure welding compliance to ISO specifications and CWB, GTAW, GMAW, SMAW standards.
- Notify QA Manager, Production Manager and Engineering Manager of all weld quality related issues as required and work with them to resolve issues.
- Verify that product meets weld quality specifications and meets or exceeds customer standards;
- Perform audits in the plant as assigned.
- Assist with selection of welders by performing appropriate weld testing.
- Train new/existing employees on weld sizes, weld specs, and weld symbols.
- Together with team leaders, coach welders to achieve desired competency, resulting in all welders certified to CWB standards.
- Train welders when required for various issues (DIN certification, vertical weld qualification, etc.).
Health & Safety
- Research and provide guidelines regarding appropriate welding safety PPE to welders (e.g. leather aprons, sleeves, respirators, etc.) and issuing to welders as required.
- Ensure/maintain high standards of employee safety and housekeeping, specifically for the welding operation;
- Comply with the rules set out in the Health & Safety Manual and in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Optional (depending on competencies of weld specialist)
- Programming welding robots: develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Set-up and troubleshoot robotic systems.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance per established schedules on robotic welding systems
- Completion of Weld Engineering Technician / Technologist Program (at least CWB Welding Inspector Certification level 1)
- At least 3 years’ experience in heavy fabrication / manufacturing environment
- Computer literate in MSOffice (Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- Robotic programming experience an asset
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Multi-tasking with keen attention to detail and accuracy
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: TBD (Depending on Experience).
- Medical, Dental and Pension (after 3 months’ probation).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakville, ON L6L 2X9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 5 years (required)
- CWB Certified Welding Inspector (required)