Manufacturing Kubota’s brands of high-performance alloys and friction materials from raw materials to finished products under one roof in Orillia, Canada, Kubota Materials Canada Corporation leads the industry in quality, advanced technology and on-time delivery.
Reporting to the Manager, Metallurgy, Machining and Fabrication, the Welding Technologist is responsible for the programming, tracking and reduction of defects for mechanized welding processes in the fabrication department.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to):
1. Maintain mechanized welding machine records and program control.
2. Set up and have tests performed to qualify welders and weld procedures to applicable codes and specifications including ASTM, ASME Section IX, TSSA requirements, and PED.
3. Perform preventative maintenance checks of the machines on a regular basis
4. Ensure that the production supervisors for welding are maintaining and complying with the QA systems and preventative maintenance programs.
5. Assign and issue weld programs based on material sizes and alloy composition
6. Continuously track and improve defect rates through program optimization and machine maintenance and improvements.
7. Maintain records of weld quality in terms of radiography repairs in accordance with criteria set out by Manager of Fabrication or senior management. Propose and carry out procedures for improvement of repair rates.
8. Meet with TSSA and PED inspectors to have welders and weld procedures qualified.
9. Collaborate with internal departments regarding welding issues i.e. Sales, QA, Planning, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Welding Technology college diploma, university degree, or equivalent.
2. Previous experience in the welding industry preferred (co-op experience accepted)
3. Ontario College Certificate in Welding or Canadian Welding Association.
4. Certification in ASME, CWB, and TSSA standards.
5. Completion of a welding Apprenticeship Training Program considered an asset
6. Familiarity of codes and specifications as they apply to welding at KMC including: ASME Section, ASTM A488, PED requirements and TSSA requirements.
7. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System or with SAP systems.
8. Ability to manage routine correspondence, multiple tasks/projects, diversified workload and rapidly changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
9. Experience in a Fabrication Shop, and with relevant practices and equipment.
10. Experience with basic orbital and weld bed maintenance.
11. Ability to accurately program Liburdi, and H S Tig weld beds.
12. Ability to troubleshoot issues with automated PAW machines, welding and weld beds in conjunction with maintenance and outside service technicians.
13. Excellent interpersonal and oral skills.
14. Blueprint reading experience an asset with valid welder qualifications manual GTA and GTAW.
15. Proficient computer skills, include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kubota Materials, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Kubota Materials Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer which considers all qualified applicants for employment without regards to race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability. Kubota Materials Canada Corporation prohibits discrimination based on these or any other category protected by law.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)