Mobile Mini are the world leading provider of portable storage solutions and supply to industries, including construction companies, retailers, manufacturers and distributors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about having a hands on approach their work. We are looking for an individual with good communication and problem solving skills, valued member of the team with the ability to ensure that our containers are maintained to the best quality for our valued customer.
Yard Operative/welder will have direct reporting line to the Yard Foreman.
Working within a team of Yard operatives, you will be responsible to carry out routine and repair maintenance and modifications to units in a proficient and timely manner and in line with company quality standards ensuring that our containers are well maintained and available to for hire to our customers. Your duties may vary from cleaning, basic plumbing, electrical, welding and joinery but training will be provided.
The ideal candidate would have some experience of the hire industry, however this is not essential as training and coaching would be provided.
- Certified Welder to manage all kinds of welding work to containers and units as required
- Repairs could be on site or off site where and when required
- Carry out on site repairs as requested, always acting in a professional manner
- Effectively carry out cleaning and painting of cabins and containers in a proficient and timely manner
- Taking ownership of quality and productivity of all work undertaken
- Complete all necessary paperwork as requested, to include repair and job sheets
- Assist in stock take of materials
- Comply with company procedure when checking units in and out of the yard
- Report any faults in the workshop environment to the foreman
- Ensure the yard and workshop is kept clean and tidy on a daily basis
- Comply with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures at all times
Competencies and qualifications
- M.I.G – M.A.G welding would be an advantage
- CSCS card required
- Previous experience in joinery, basic electrics and plumbing is desirable
- Valid Driving Licence
- Take personal ownership of the safety of themselves and those around them
- Takes the initiative and seeks out additional work wherever possible
- Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Welcomes and acts on constructive feedback
- Highly motivated with the ability and desire to make a difference
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, focussing on personal achievement and results
- Willing to work flexibly when needed
- Takes ownership of customer issues and takes immediate action to provide quality service and to promptly deal with any issues
- Ability to communicate company information to the team ensuring they understand the company’s values, goals and results.
What we can offer you
- Competitive basic salary + Possible overtime where available
- Company bonus scheme
- 31 days holidays, including bank holidays which will increase with service
- Free training and career progression plans