Hours: Monday thru Thursday 3:30pm to 2:00am with mandatory OT on Friday and Saturday based on business need. We offer 10% shift differential on 2nd shift.
Please visit our website and apply at www.huskyrackandwire.com/careers or in person to be considered for the position.
POSITION TITLE: Welder
Perform various duties to set welding fixtures, assemble and clamp parts and MIG weld joints on a variety of parts and assemblies following standard practices and procedures.
Essential Job Requirements
- Mig welding experience, formal Mig welding training or able to complete and pass a welding test.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Good attendance record
Essential Job Functions
- Adjust locating rails and stops for length, width of assembly and position of components to be welded. Use assembly components as setting gauges and use tape to measure within 1/16 inch. Refer to charts and sketches for set up information.
- Place posts, horizontal and diagonal braces, connectors, foot plates or other components into fixture, rotate braces using special hand tool, position parts to stops and clamp in place using “C” clamps, quick clamps, air operated or other clamping devices.
- MIG weld bead or tack all accessible joints as necessary, remove or release clamps and remove assembly to position for complete welding..
- Manually weld connectors to beams or touch up weld from auto beam welder as required.
- Make necessary adjustments to wire feed, heat and gas flow.
- May use gas torch to cut notches and heating parts for bending as required.
- Obtain material on rack truck from storage area or from rolling mills. Get welded wire as required from storage, transfer to work area, mount on reel and assemble to wire feed mechanism over head using helper to hold feeder in position.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Detect equipment malfunctions, defective materials, unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain equipment and work areas in clean and orderly condition. Observe all safety rules, regulations, and practices.
Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed by supervisor.
Evaluated Revised Revised
AHS 9/11/85 AHS 7/92 RGM 5/97
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THIS POSITION BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED, THE INCLUSION OF WHICH WOULD BE IN CONFORMITY WITH THE FACTORS ASSIGNED.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.43 – $17.63 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- Night Shift
The safety and well being of our employees is our first priority. We provide face coverings, social distancing and Temperature checks to all our employees.
- MIG Welding: 1 year (Required)