Apprentice Fabricator / Welder
We are based in Burnhouse, Beith and were established in 1998, we specialise in the fabrication and welding of steelwork. We have an in-house design team, production facilities and expert site team, meaning we can offer the complete solution to our clients throughout the UK in all sectors.
You will train as an apprentice fabricator/welder
- You will receive full training on all aspects of welding, fabrication, measuring of materials, mechanical engineering, site installations
- All training will be delivered within a professional but friendly team
- Assisting with fabrication and manufacturing of all types of steelwork from instructions and the reading of engineering drawings
- Assisting with performing high quality repairs
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes
- Observe or monitor projects to determine compliance
- Visually inspect fabrication work to determine compliance with standards and legislation
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping within your area
- Good practical skills
- Logically minded
- A genuine understanding and keen interest in engineering with the desire to follow this career route
- Strong organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A minimum of 5 national 4/5 or equivalent (including Maths and English)
- 40 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 7am – 4pm and Friday 7am – 1pm.
- You will be entitled to up to 28 days holiday per year including statutory days.
- Salary will be apprentice rates of £4.15 – £8.20 dependent upon age and skill level.
***Due to our location it is essential that you having a full current driving licence with your own transport. Public transport is not available to our location.***
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.15-£8.20 per hour
We have put in place COVID health and safety measures based on a full risk assessment of our premises and tasks, social distancing can be maintained, face coverings are required to be worn in accordance with government legislation and guidance and hand wa