Apprentice Ironworkers – Fort Mckay, AB(Job Number: FOR00GO)
WorleyCord Teamco Ltd., a subsidiary of WorleyCord Ltd., is seeking Apprentice Ironworkers to work with our growing team/for our project in Fort Mckay, AB.
- Fabricate structural steel, ornamental work and pre-cast structures on a variety of projects.
- Studies blueprints, drawing and specifications to determine the lay out of work
- Position steel units, align holes and insert temporary bolts while checking alignments and joining steel parts using simple torque and hand wrenches
- Attach cables from a crane and direct crane operators with hand signals and or radio
- Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Assemble rigging to move heavy equipment and materials
- Know, understand, and operate grinders safely in accordance with all of Cord’s safe work practices and procedures
- Ability to recognize spool hoisting point and utilize proper rigging techniques and signals while working in a fast paced environment
- Ensure broken or defective tools are properly tagged out of service and returned to the tool crib
- May perform other duties as assigned
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS NEEDED:
- CSTS-2020 – Fundamentals plus all modules
- OSSA Fall Protection
- OSSA EWP/AWP
- WHMIS 2015
- Site specific training *as required*
APPLY TO [email protected] with your resume and tickets if you do not want to create a profile and apply online.
- Must have an active Apprentice/Journeyman Ironworker ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Previous industrial/fabrication construction experience is an asset.
- Flights in/out provided *hubs are Edmonton/Calgary*
- Shift rotation will vary from a 10/4 shift *subject to change*
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Employee Benefits provided by MERIT