POSITION SUMMARY: The Container Welder/ Fabricator repairs, paints and performs maintenance to containers and roll-off boxes.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on front, rear and roll-off containers
- Weld steel and aluminum components using MIG and ARC welding Equipment.
- Fabricates steel components using a brake and shear.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
- Fabricates steel components for hoppers, containers and compactors.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Paints repaired containers.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Install company and safety decals in accordance with company standard diagram on containers and roll-off boxes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Refer more complex repairs to the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certified welder.
- Advanced knowledge of mig &stick welders, plasma cutter, and airless paint Sprayers. Familiar with basic use of hand tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervisory involvement.
- Minimum of 1 year welding experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.