Must have at least 3 years experience to qualify! Welding Test will be given.
POSITION OVERVIEW VIP Staffing is seeking a MIG & TIG Welder. The welder must have experience working with steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Ability to read and work from technical engineering drawings.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· MIG & TIG welding
· Working with steel, aluminum, and stainless steel
· Fitting experience
· Forklift experience
· Saw and shear experience are a plus.
· Proven experience as Mig/Tig welder
· Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
· Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
· Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
· Deftness and attention to detail
· Proficient in English
· Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
· Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
· Applicants will be required to demonstrate abilities
· Minimum of 3-5 Years’ experience
· Must be able to read and interpret basic drawings.
· Experience required with carbon steel welding and fabrication using GMAW applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, walk; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, bend, pull, and twist. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
This position is performed in a non-climate-controlled temperature environment. Incumbent in this role will be required to maintain a flexible work schedule to achieve objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $850.00 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 3 years (Required)