Leading edge technology, coupled with a constant drive, considerable ambition, a passion for quality and great dedication to our customers, has enabled Corwest to develop and grow.
We are currently seeking a Fabrication Facilities Manager. This position directs and is responsible for the management of the plant ensuring the plant meets the company’s overall business plans and objectives.
- Provide a strategic vision and develop implementation plans for the plant group to achieve the business objectives.
- Results driven with the ability to work in a high-performance fabrication environment.
- Provide, justify, administer, and manage the plant operating budget.
- Manage planning and execution to meet customer commitments and requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts throughout the operations by the application of lean principles to advance safety, people, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Responsible for the overall safety performance of the plant by ensuring safety programs, standard work and standard operating procedures are followed, and ensure the plant is always operated with employee safety as the number one concern.
- Create an environment of high engagement, for all, where leadership flourishes and accountability is expected at all levels.
- Mentor and develop plant staff to increase their skills and unleash talent.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with the company’s customer base
- Demonstrate HSE and Quality behaviours that reflect corporate expectations and initiatives.
- Identify HSEQ risks and propose mitigation plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applied practical knowledge of managing in a specialty fabricating company, or related business
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing operations relating to Vessel / Exchanger work, piping, structural steel and ducting/chute fabrication.
- Technical degree / diploma preferably in the mechanical or metal trades
- Experience in high-alloy and carbon steel fabrication environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, with attention to detail and customer sensitivities.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and motivate employees at all levels
- Demonstrated results in creating plant processes to assure product is produced consistently and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of the organization, to identify areas of opportunity and to improve company operations
Skills / Knowledge / Ability:
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and implement long term solutions
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Extensive experience with estimating, proposals, financials (profit / loss outcomes), reporting, and project development
- Familiarity with Engineering codes, CNC, Lathe, Welding is a MUST
In return, Corwest offers:
- Competitive base salary
- Company paid RRSP
- Professional development
- 14 statutory holidays (per calendar year)
- Competitive benefits program
- The ability to grow with a family owned and operated group
Corwest Fabrications Ltd. does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting to Corwest employees or any associated company location.