The Flexitallic brand represents global leadership in the engineering and manufacturing of industrial sealing products. Developer of the spiral wound gasket in 1912, Flexitallic, today, continues its legacy of innovation with product materials such as Thermiculite® and the revolutionary Change gasket. Flexitallic Canada strives to be an employer of choice in our marketplace. In addition to competitive base compensation, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including broad medical and insurance benefits, matching RRSP contribution, career development, excellent working conditions and discretionary rewards.
We reward excellent performance!
Position Title: Fabrication Supervisor
A supervisor is an employee whose primary duty is the management of an organizational unit within which the supervisor regularly directs the work of other employees. The supervisor regularly makes decisions with respect to the execution of work within the unit. A supervisor accomplishes results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and analyzing the actual results, of work performed, versus the budgeted targets.
· Schedule work within the fabrication department to meet customer needs and due dates.
· Performs WO variance analysis of the WOs closed in their department to determine the accuracy of the BOMs, routings, and to understand the efficiency of their team and its actual performance.
· Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
· Assigning work to departments
· Communication with customer’s and or inspectors when appropriate/needed
· Overseeing operational logistics
· Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
· Red Seal/Journeyman Certificate (welding, machinist, millwright)
· CWB level 1 inspector
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Previous work in metal fabrication is an asset.
· At least two years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate, train, and coach employees on process changes.
· Reasonable understanding of change management principals.
· Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- CWB Level 1 Inspector (Required)