Northern Marine Manning Services are currently looking to recruit a Fitter to join our client’s container vessel.
- This is a permanent contract with a tour of duty of 5 months. A competitive salary is also offered.
- The Fitter shall normally perform his duties under the direction of the Second Engineer Officer. However, when assistance to the Deck Department is given, he shall follow the instruction of the Chief Officer.
- The Fitter shall be responsible for welding, and plumbing and machining on the lathe.
- Under the direction of the Second Engineer Officer, the Fitter shall assist in the maintenance and repair of all machinery and associated equipment on board.
- The Fitter shall keep the work shop in a tidy and an orderly manner and shall have all tools and parts stored in an orderly fashion.
- The Fitter shall help maintain the cleanliness of the engine room and associated compartments.
- The Fitter shall actively partake in IDF duties and shall, under the direction of the Bosun, rotate with other ratings once every week in carrying out catering duties.
- The Fitter shall assist other ratings in the receiving, transporting and storing of supplies (provisions, spares and replenishing the bonded stores).
- On vessels which adopt the IDF manning system, the Fitter shall work together with other ratings in departments other than his own, under the direction and instruction of the head of that department (other than duties related to watch keeping).
- In addition to the duties stipulated above, the fitter shall also perform other duties assigned to him by his superiors.
You must have at least 12 months at sea on container vessels in a Fitter role.
- Engineer Watch Rating Cert
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Security Awareness
If you are interested in this role please click the apply button and send us your CV. Please note the recruitment team will then review your CV and contact you if your experience is suitable for this vacancy or any future vacancies we may have