Would you like to work for an industry-leading structural steel provider?
Steelcon group of companies has an immediate opening for a Fitter/Welder (3 month contract) within our SIN Structures Inc. division, headquartered facility in St. Catharines Ontario. This division focuses primarily on the design, fabrication, and installation of steel structures utilizing Steelcon’s SIN Beam members.
Based in St. Catharines, Ontario and reporting to the Plant Manager, the Fitter/Welder will assemble structural steel products using various metal cutting, forming, and welding processes.
· Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following drawings, layout specifications, and other verbal and written instructions and diagrams.
· Design, assemble, and use jigs and fixtures to ensure efficient and accurate assembly.
· Perform needed cutting, forming, and welding using appropriate equipment, consumables, and hand tools.
· Verify that material components and finished product meet specifications
· Monitor, clean, troubleshoot, adjust, and perform required routine maintenance to maintain uptime and equipment reliability and tolerances.
· Inspect and report major welds concerns and recommend solutions as necessary, ensuring product specifications are met
· Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
· Interpret blueprints and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
· fabricate steel material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules
· Read measuring instruments in both metric and imperial units
· Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, company rules, policies, and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries
· Provide instructions to other personnel (e.g., material handler/labourer) as required
· Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
· Contribute to team effort by performing other related tasks as needed
· School Diploma; Grade 12, or equivalent
· Welder Trade Certification and/or CWB certification is preferred
· Minimum 3-5 years industrial experience, with flux core welding and overhead crane operation
· Experience in structural steel fabrication is preferred
· Experience in the structural fabrication environment is preferred
· Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts
· Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures
· Must be thoroughly familiar with the set up and operation of welding machine and other equipment and metal fabrication equipment
· Possesses strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Team player with good interpersonal skills, work ethic, and a positive attitude.
· Aware of and comply with all relevant safety policy and procedures
· Ability to work shifts and lift to 50 lbs
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Steelcon group of companies. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Steelcon group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to accommodating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Contract length: 3 months
Expected start date: 2021-02-01
Job Type: Contract
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fitting: 1 year (Preferred)
- steel fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place