Farid Hillend Engineering is one of the major manufacturers and providers of waste collection vehicles, recycling collection vehicles and container washers in the UK and Europe offering perhaps the largest range of collection vehicles on the market today. Farid Hillend Engineering, recognised for product quality and service worldwide, provide comprehensive sales and service solutions, utilising modern technology, to the ever-changing waste collection sectors of the waste management industry.
Our corporate ethos continues to be on customer need and satisfaction with vehicles being built to exacting customer specification and exemplary after-sales service. We are a growing manufacturing company based in Dalgety Bay, Fife, that offers our employees excellent rewards. Winners of the Excellence in Innovation Awards, Farid Hillend were recognised as one of the top 10 forward-thinking innovators of 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hydraulic Fitter to join us on a permanent or a fixed term contract basis.
Job title: Hydraulic Fitter – Fife – Scotland
Reporting to: Team Leader
Job summary: To build RCV’s while meeting targets for safety, quality and performance.
- Yearly Production Plan including schedule adherence, output, efficiency, Quality, and Health & Safety.
- Performance and Development objectives.
- Key contacts include: Team Leaders, Supervisors, Engineering, Employees within the Production Department, and external contacts including third party providers.
- Ensure units are produced to standard times and quality targets.
- Provide on the job training to other employees.
- Ensure work area is kept tidy and hazard free.
- Ensure any defect tools are reported to the Cell Leader.
- Report any health and safety issues/concerns to Cell Leader.
- Ensure agreed stock levels are maintained.
That at all times ensure that compliance with company policies is maintained, particularly:
Total Quality Management and ISO 9001
This Company is dedicated to pursuing a ‘Total Quality Management Philosophy’. The Company is certificated for ISO 9001. It is therefore a requirement that duties are carried out as per the Quality Manual in the Department. In addition, a basic knowledge of the complete Quality Manual must be attained.
Health & Safety
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Company Safety Policy, the employee has a responsibility to carry out the above duties in a safe manner in accordance with the Safe Systems of Work and the procedures laid down under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Handling sensitive issues with care and thoughtfulness.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to new ideas and approaches.
- Able to work with others, communicating and building robust working relationships with other departments and people across the business.
- To support other members of the team in times of pressure.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, team meetings, and to carry out agreed action points within the time frame set.
- To handle confrontation when faced with conflict in a professional and calm manner.
- Ensure work is focused upon the needs of the customer.
- Able to adapt working patterns and proactively engage flexibility and change.
- Able to accept ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned.
- To be a positive ambassador for the business.
- Flexibility on shift and overtime hours.
- Good knowledge of mechanical skills essential.
- Working experience with pumps, PTOs or similar desirable.
- Working experience of hydraulic systems desirable.
- Welding experience would be advantageous.
- Experience working in an automotive, mechanical, or agricultural maintenance or similar industry.
- Experience working within a strong safety culture.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Knowledge of production processes.
Job Types: Temporary, Permanent
Salary: Up to £10.79 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- CSCS (Preferred)
- Driving licence (Preferred)