JM 10,000 Hours Overhead Crane Technician with JM Welding Ticket
CRS CraneSystems Inc. was founded in 1991 as an overhead bridge crane service company and has since evolved into a market leading full-service crane manufacturer with an extensive maintenance service and parts business, a diversified customer base, and ISO 9001 certification. Customers of CRS operate in industry sectors such as oil and gas, mining, power generation, manufacturing, forestry, pulp, paper, steel, light metals, and cement. In addition to selling cranes directly to end-users, CRS works with some of the world’s largest engineering and construction management companies and attributes its growth and success to its reputation for providing only the highest quality of work and on time delivery.
CRS operates out of a 26 000 square foot facility in Sherwood Park, Alberta, with additional sales and service branches located in Calgary, Alberta; Surrey, British Columbia; and Mississauga, Ontario. CRS currently employs over 70 highly skilled staff, including over 25 certified service technicians.
Senior, JM 10,000 hours, Overhead Crane Technician, Red Seal – JM Welder Calgary
Opportunity to work as a member of our Crane Aftermarket team. Part of the secret of our success is the quality of our service and the depth of knowledge our technicians have, and you would be an important part of that.
We can offer you a position which will challenge you and continue to grow your professional skills. The work can be hard and sometimes it can be long days but if you are the kind of person who likes to push themselves to be ahead of the rest – then we could be looking for you.
· Someone with a JM Electrical, Red Seal and JM Welder background, minimum 10,000 hours experience working on Overhead Rail Cranes Required
· JM Welding or fabrication skills would be fantastic
· If you have your Red Seal JM Electrical ticket, along with some hydraulics
· Great communication skills with the team and site colleagues
· A positive attitude, team spirit, and be able to work closely with our Crane Aftermarket team
· A positive ambassador for our brand on job sites
· An ability to remotely assist Clients’ on how to trouble-shoot equipment based on standard operating procedures and technical manuals
· An ability to work overtime and on call, sometimes critical jobs require our team to stick with it longer than usual
· Someone who can climb ladders, and comfortable working at heights up to 150 feet in all safe weather conditions
· A candidate with a valid driver’s license.
· A keen problem-solving ability to diagnose and trouble-shoot mechanical and electronic issues
· Attention to detail, someone who can record the repair story on work orders, noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
· Dedication to safety, by participating in the CRS Safety Program including safety meetings and worksite hazard inspections.
· Dedication to quality by participating the CRS Quality and Environmental programs under ISO 9001
· Someone who takes pride in their work, keeping their tools, equipment and work area clean and functional
· An additional bonus if you have a current passport allowing entry across the globe, some travel may be required as we ship our cranes anywhere and require installation crews to sometimes go with them.
CRS also offers group benefits and RRSP after a qualifying period.
To apply please send resume and covering letter – only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$42.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- mig welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)