- Familiar with mobile & fixed equipment on surface & u/g.
- Familiar with M.I.G, Gas, Brazing, Arc Air, Flame Cutting, Stick, Wire Feed Welding, Plasma and Plasma Arc.
- Ability to do layouts and fabrications
- Performing duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Machine Shop experience an asset.
- Comfortable working in a u/g & open pit environment.
- Comfortable working in confined spaces, (chutes, feeders, rock boxes, etc)
- Occasional weekend and shift work required.
- Dedication to safety measures and best practices required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team required.
- Certified Welder
- CWB W47.1 All Position welding equivalency preferred*; but not required
- Must supply own tools as required
- Grade 12 or equivalent required
- Experience with mining equipment preferred.
- Will be required to work in both the Underground and Surface environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job required.
- Enthusiasm and proactive attitude.
- Journeyman status preferred
*Once the applicant has been chosen, he/she will be required to complete a CWB all Positions welding test in order to meet the requirements of this position.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00-$42.00 per hour