Phoenix Industrial provides services in Construction, Fabrication, Maintenance and Modularization. Built upon our values of visibility, value and accountability, we are proud of our growth and to support our continued growth, we are constantly seeking new, qualified talent to join our team. We are the leading fully integrated, single source contractor for all of our clients construction needs. From project planning to turnover and maintenance, we are able to deliver maximum value to clients every step of the way through proven processes and efficient management practices.
The Journeyman Structural Ironworker is responsible for safely raising, placing and uniting steel girders, columns and other structural members to form completed structural frameworks; erect metal storage tanks and assemble prefabricated metal buildings.
· Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work
· Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
· Erect and install steel structures, construction cranes, and other hoisting equipment
· Assemble rigging (cables, pulleys, and hooks) to move heavy equipment and materials
· Attach cables from a crane and direct crane operators with hand signals or by radio
· Position steel units, align holes and insert temporary bolts
· Drive rift pins through rivet holes to align rivet holes in structural-steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members
· Erect metal and precast concrete components for structures such as buildings, bridges, towers, storage tanks and fences
· Check the alignments and join steel parts by bolting or tack welding them with an electric arc process
· Assemble and erect pre-fabricated metal structures; force structural steel members into final positions using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools
· Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members, using plub bobs, laser equipment, transits and/or levels
· Install ornamental and other structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
· Unload and install pre-cast components
· Comply with established safety standards at all times
· Assist in maintaining a safe and clean work site
· Ability to read and understand complex instructions
· Adheres to Phoenix Industrial and Client policies and procedures
· Provide guidance, direction and supervision to apprentices
· Conduct regular worksite inspections to monitor workmanship and safety compliance
· Managing and performing general house keeping and daily clean-up of work area
· Perform other duties as required
· Lead by example by demonstrating the importance of fostering a safety culture
- Valid provincial Journeyman or Red Seal Certification.
- CSTS-2020 ticket.
- Confined Space-Entry & Monitor ticket.
- Fall Protection ticket.
- Pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Relevant Industrial experience.
- Must support a safety-orientated work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Ironworker: 2 years (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)