Ganawa is a custom steel fabricator and full-service supplier for the bridge construction industry as well as a variety of other structural steel markets. We offer an extensive range of products and services including fabrication of bridge expansion joints and railing systems, custom steel fabrication and waterjet cutting technology. We have an immediate opening for a Lead Welder-Fitter at our Ajax operation.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise shop workers ensuring they utilize safe, proper, and efficient methods in fabricating products according to order specifications.
- Provide direction and on-floor leadership with continuous improvements of the production process
- Ensure production quality is being met and safety is being followed during the process
- Maintains a working knowledge of the status of all current projects
- Delegate work responsibilities and tasks to on-floor personnel
- Experienced Welding/Fabrication and Fitting skills in steel
- Experienced Welding in stainless steel and aluminum would be an asset
- Inspects work to maintain specified standards and quality
- Work with large parts/fabrications and custom structural steel fabrication.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Fitting, fabricating and welding metal and structural components.
- Cut, drill, bevel and grind metal parts to ensure proper fit-up for welding.
- Lay-out, position, and align parts and assemblies prior to welding.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, bolt parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as wheel & die grinder.
- Must be able to set up his/her own jig.
Qualifications you should have:
- Minimum 5+ years experience with MIG Welding is essential.
- Previous supervisory experience an asset.
- Welding Certificate or Diploma program an asset.
- CWB Welding Supervisor Certification would be considered an asset
- CWB weld ticket preferred, or capable of obtaining a ticket
- Self-motivated, ability to work with little supervision or direction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Positive attitude and take pride in your work.
- Communicate effectively with others including the ability to provide constructive feedback and coaching in a positive manner.
- Commitment to quality and workplace safety.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations applicable to welding operations.
- Strong ability to build rapport, establish trust and command respect.
What we offer:
- $23.00 to 28.00 /hour
- Permanent Full-time work
- Shifts (Monday to Thursday: 7:00AM to 04:30PM & Friday: 7:00AM to 03:30PM)
Candidates selected for an interview must complete a weld test.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
Application deadline: 2020-11-29
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$28.00 per hour
- Lead Hand / Supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Welding: 5 years (Required)
- Fitting: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- CWB Supervisor (Preferred)
- CWB (Preferred)