Alcos is coil processing equipment manufacturer. As such working with heavy equipment, overhead cranes is a must. You must be technically proficient to be able to understand engineering drawings and bills of materials. In this job relevant experience is most important.
ALCOS Machinery Inc. is a world-class coil processing equipment designer and manufacturer offering customized coil processing solutions. For over 30 years, we have been providing premium quality coil processing lines, including Slitting Lines, Slit Coil Packaging Lines, Cut-to-Length Lines, Multi-Blanking Lines, Tension Leveling Lines, Press Blanking Lines, and Precision Corrective Levelers. ALCOS is a family-owned business founded in 1984. Our fully equipped, manufacturing facility is located in Newmarket, Ontario. where we have ready access to materials and the special skills demanded by the high standards of this industry.
Our customized engineering approach focuses on our customer requirements, ALCOS takes pride in its innovative engineering approach, enabling us to offer unique and advanced features.
As a leading manufacturer of precision Slitting Lines, we offer a full range of lines, including High-Speed Light Gauge lines, robust Heavy Gauge lines and Ultra High-Strength Steel lines.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings and bills of materials
- Working with heavy equipment, overhead cranes are used
- Fit and weld parts as per drawings, sketches, sample parts and verbal instructions
- Gather parts as needed from the Bill of Materials and correct fasteners
- Accurately assemble machines as per mechanical drawings
- Make modifications to machines as required with the use of various hand tools or send back parts to the machine shop/fabrication.
- Always ensure a safe and friendly work environment with the use of proper PPE as necessary.
- Record the hours spent per job daily.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labour to your supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a custom machine building environment
- Technical training would be an asset but is not required –
- Ability to read and understand drawings, measure components with various tools
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding equipment
- Communicate effectively through oral and written communication
- Follow procedures, anticipate work needs, follow through with minimum direction
- Ability to troubleshoot assembly issues as they arise
- Work safely, follow safety rules and report unsafe working conditions and behaviour
- Punctual, dependable, and reliable – regular attendance is important and expected
- Strong work ethic
- Benefits plan after three months
- Competitive wages and overtime available
- Job Growth and challenges to grow your skills with unique heavy equipment
We are looking for Full-Time work with a 44 hour work week during a day shift.
Thank you to all that apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please include email address and direct contact information on your resume.
This is a direct hire from Alcos.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $1.00 per year