Jewel Welding Pipe-Fab, & Coatings is seeking an experienced Class A Pressure Welder to join the team in Maple Ridge and at various project sites around the province. This is a full-time, year-round position with plenty of opportunity for overtime.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at Jewel?
- Year-round, full-time work
- Group health/dental benefits after 3 months
- Paid vacation time
- Interesting and challenging variety of work
- Supportive, respectful, leadership team that values employee input and ideas
- Opportunities for growth
Jewel is a company built on and dedicated to its values of family, growth, dedication, diversity, and respect. Our ideal candidate fits well within our team-oriented culture and is looking for a long-term, fulfilling career supported by an organization that has like-minded ideals.
The Pressure Welder assembles, welds and repairs pressure vessels and pipes to relevant standards. The Pressure Welder completes each weld to the specified standards using appropriate equipment and materials, while following the company’s recommended procedures. The Pressure Welder must also observe applicable safety precautions to minimize the risk of injury to the welder or other workers nearby. The Pressure Welder has knowledge of welding equipment, and is able to care for and maintain it to keep that equipment functional and in good condition.
- $30 to $40 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Assist in development of repair estimates.
- Conduct Technical Inspections.
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits.
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues.
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status.
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Must have Class A ticket from TSBC (and WPQR#) with the ability to produce “X-ray” quality welds on demand.
- Valid welding certification, CWB, SMAW Or FCAW
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, and reach above and below waist.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Willingness to travel to off-site locations as needed.
- Must have own steel-toe boots and hard hat.
Jewel Welding Pipe Fab & Coatings is a privately-owned company based in Maple Ridge, BC. Located on the Fraser River, our fabrication and coatings facility produces customized pipeline welding solutions for our clients including fabrication, spooling, alloy welding, and specialty coatings.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
- pressure welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maple Ridge, BC (Preferred)