Position Title: Quality Process Engineer – Welding
Position Summary: You will improve the quality of the product and the manufacturing process while complying with the company policies and procedures to manage and maintain improvements.
- Investigate incidents of outflow and ensure implementation of required containment.
- Apply suitable techniques to determine root cause, temporary and permanent countermeasures. Review similar processes to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Assess manufacturing processes and interpret data
- Lead in the implementation of welding jig adjustments
- Monitor and disposition parts on QA hold. Report status to QA management.
- Develop best practices, innovative solutions to improve production rates and part quality
- Ensure welding processes are performed according to approved Control Plans and QMS
- Liaison with employees and management members on quality related matters.
- Participate in New Model core teams as applicable.
- Lead in weld fit up reviews
- Ability to be proactive and recognize equipment deficiencies
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Postsecondary education in engineering/technical field, min 2 year’s experience
- Welding processes and technology knowledge.
- Understanding of IATF 16949, SPC, Quality problem solving tools and APQP would be an asset.
- Thoroughly versed in use of array of measuring & testing equipment.
- Leadership and communication skills. Good organizational skills
- Computer knowledge and experience.
- Office and plant environment.
- May be exposed to dust, odors, noise, smoke, etc.
- Customer performance KPI’s
- Internal Cost of Poor Performance and PPM
- Response time to Customer and internal trouble reports / 5P responses
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.