Companies come and go, but Malin Group’s dedication to quality has allowed us to become a leader in our industry. We are seeking an experienced Welding Engineer to join our quality department with an appetite in improvement.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of welding processes and techniques. They will have a high degree of computer literacy.
The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organised, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our quality to the next level. You will be charged with improvement of several processes and procedures that fits into our “quality culture,” in which all employees are actively engaged.
Objectives of this Role
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Experience of complex technical specifications
- Development, implementation, support and improvement of welding techniques and processes
- Interaction with notified bodies, internal audit teams and suppliers.
- Good working knowledge of ASME, ISO, ASTM NORSOK, DNV GL.
- Familiar with national and international codes and specifications relating to welding.
- Undertake checks of the welding processes being used to monitor compliance with the arrangements agreed. And take action to address issues as identified.
- Promote adherence to the Group’s Quality Assurance policies as applicable to your role.
- Reporting on quality stats such as defects and non-conformances to the General Manager/Operations Manager
- Ensure you and those in your team and labour workforce are operating to the business ISO Certification-9001,14001 & 45001 Standards where applicable to your role.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing welding engineering guidance and support
- Undertaking Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and formal approval of welding procedure specifications.
- Assisting with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas.
- Assist with Health and Safety at our manufacturing facility.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified to BSc/BEng level or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- European Welding Federation qualification to Engineer level Chartership or equivalent.
- Shall be a certified International Welding Engineer (IWE) or International Welding
Preferred Skills and experience
Role would likely suit someone with some additional background experience in the marine or engineering industries/disciplines.
Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level