Reporting directly to the Service Manager,the Welder is responsible to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of various types of equipment. The incumbent will troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as repair.
The incumbent will conduct all activities in a manner that supports the mission, vision and values of CILTD, as well as adherence to all established Policies and Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools;
- Weld broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders;
- Perform shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), flux cored arc welding (FCAW), gouging and lancing;
- Fabricate needed parts or items. Equipment welding and repairs;
- Fabricate tank structures and all associated welding work such as: landings, stairs, pipping and flooring;
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints and technical drawings;
- All work should be done in accordance to CSA/ASME standards
- Report all incidents, damage and near-misses immediately;
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment;
- Provide on the job training to other welding apprentices when requested;
- Ensure proper logs are maintained of condition and location of equipment for proper shift handover;
- Operate trucks in a safe manner within congested and confined areas;
- Ensure all work is completed on time, is of high standard and done safely;
- Keep tools, equipment, and work area tidy, organized, and in good working condition; and,
- Other relatable duties as required.
- Grade twelve (12) Diploma or General Educational Diploma ‘GED’ equivalency is required;
- A valid Red Seal/Alberta Journeyman Welder Certification is required;
- Minimum two (2) years’ welding experience post Journeyman certification;
- Heavy equipment repair experience, preferably large trucks, dozers, shovels and excavators is considered an asset;
- Experience with mobile equipment repairs, ice lugging, lancing and gouging is considered an asset;
- Trained and experienced with stick, MIG and large wire-feed welders, radiograph, cooper-heat, plasma cutter, lance, overhead crane, etc. is considered and asset;
- CWB certified is considered an asset;
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, along with a clean five (5) year driver’s abstract is required;
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills and abilities;
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner;
- Proven understanding of safe work practices and mitigating risk;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize job responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment;
- General knowledge of computer applications;
- Must have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English; and,
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Creative Industries Ltd. is committed to attracting, motivating and retaining an inclusive and diverse workforce. Creative Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Creative Industries Ltd. does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
When applying, please quote Competition #: HR20-0016.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: HR20-0016
Contract length: 3-6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- welding: 2 years (Required)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Required)
- Class 5 (Full) Driver’s Licence (Required)
- Rea Seal Journeyman Welder (Required)