Our client based in Ellon are looking to recruit a Semi Skilled Maintenance Fitter on a temporary ongoing basis. This position would be perfect for someone who is looking to get into work in an entry level/development type role.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
– Proactively improve the site on a continual basis driven from planned / scheduled work activities on plant, equipment and machinery and by addressing corrective actions raised at the site level.9
– Reduce downtime through performing repairs and maintenance on all equipment ensuring compliance to applicable procedures.
– Effectively and efficiently handle unexpected breakdowns as they arise
– Come up with long term solutions and ideas for reoccurring problems and issues.
– Carry out installations during upgrades, modifications and/or repairs.
– Repair, installation, replacement, testing and inspection of work undertaken.
– Service, checking and repair of hand tools and equipment that have been returned to workshop with a fault or in an unsafe condition.
– Monitor spare parts and materials and request top up stocks as required through stores/purchasing team.
– Complete maintenance job cards on equipment that has been repaired or worked on as applicable.
– Perform any other duties as requested by Maintenance Supervisor and site management team.
– Perform walk around and spot checks to monitor any issues or potential breakdowns
– Welding, grinding, burning, turning, milling (depending on training and experience)
– Carry out all repairs best of ability to achieve highest standard of quality possible.
– Ensure waste is segregated and correct labelling applied to ensure correct waste streams are upheld.
Experience / Qualifications / Skills Required:
– Beneficial to have worked in a similar industrial environment with transferable skills and knowledge. Working in a maintenance department in a Manufacturing / Industrial background.
– 1 to 2 years experience required in a similar role
– HNC or Equivalent in Maintenance Engineering
– Specialized knowledge of equipment and machinery in an industrial plant application.
– Understanding in working with PMI systems for maintenance throughout the site.
– Ability to react and come up with solutions in an effective manner that does not compromise safety.
– Requires an awareness of the Quality Management System – Level 2 and site specific Level 3 documents in order to maintain and improve standards on site.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £9 – £13 per hour depending on experience
Location: Ellon, Aberdeenshire
If you are safety conscious have the right attitude to work, learn and progress with your career then apply today by sending your CV or call Rhiannah.
Reference ID: J19054
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £9.00-£13.00 per year
- Maintenance Fitter: 1 year (Required)