Report to: VP of Manufacturing, Installation and Service
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Responsible for permanently joining metal parts using high heat application to form a permanent bond. May specialize in one of hundreds of different processes of welding to join metals together.
- Design, lays out and fabricates a variety of signs; applies and ensures compliance with institutional, state, and federal signage guidelines; operates hand and power tools such as raw, punches, knives, grinders, routers, drills, and other equipment; operates PC-based computer aided design/manufacturing systems for sign fabrication which can include various software and database programs, printers/plotters, scanners, lamination equipment, sign engraving equipment, and sublimation and braille printers.
- Produces sign parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
- Channel Letter Bender Operator
- Read and interpret drawings and determine methods of fabrication, size of material and equipment to be used. Ability to set-up and operate equipment and hand tools to cut, bend and form materials for fabrication. Must understand Channel Letter Bending, jeweliting, Channel Letter Assembly and Electrical Wiring.
- Inventory/Material Receiving
- Controls raw materials. Counts and complies information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise or supplies. Responsible for inventory control records. Recommends disposition of defective or unusable item.
- Adhere to related safety regulations including but not limited to Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and the organization’s safety policies and procedures
- Provide support with other duties as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and skill welding and fabricating
- Experience and skill working with CNC router operators
- Able to follow both written and verbal instructions and directions
- Attention to details and quality
- Able to work within a team environment and work well independently
- Able to show critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning
- Diploma in a related field such as welding technician, mechanical technician, construction or others
- Able to work in outdoor conditions year-round including adverse weather conditions (i.e. excessive heat and cold, wind, rain and snow)
- Able to lift up to up to 75lbs and perform work at heights up to 200 ft
Application deadline: 2020-10-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Welding: 1 year (Required)