- Responsible for continuous improvements in all areas relating to Welding processes and Welding Equipment.
- Responsible for the programming of all Robotic Welders.
- Developing and Maintaining preventative maintenance program for all Welding Equipment
- Responsible for the training of Lead Hand, Associates to improve Welding processes and cycle time.
- Develop Welding best practices including robust set up instructions, weld parameters and cell visual aides
- Works with sales and estimating on quotations for welded parts and sub-assemblies.
- Responsible for sourcing out robotic weld cells, projection weld cells automation cells.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager on development and start-up of new Welding projects and program launches.
- Participates in all team quote feasibility meetings related to Welding
- Always work safely and efficiently on all operations
- Exposure to Manufacturing Environment and full knowledge of manufacturability, process improvement and quality issues.
- Exposure to CAE.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and data integrity at all times including personnel issues.
- Leads long-term projects focused on waste elimination/production efficiencies and establishment of Lean Manufacturing to improve work processes to reduce cycle time, inventory, labor hours, scrap, etc.
- Creates and/or facilitates process design changes by integrating new systems and/or processes with existing ones.
- Leads APQP process at KC and KS and holds APQP meetings with all disciplines.
- Part of quoting team feasibility meetings.
- Provide assistance to sales and estimating related to manufacturing processes and concepts best suited for part manufacturing.
- Minimum of three years as a Welding Technician in an automotive environment preferably in stamping and welding
- College degree in a related field in Manufacturing Engineering Technology – Welding and Robotics
- Good knowledge of Robotic Welders including ABB, Kuka, etc.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and understanding of PLC’s
- Experience with various types of automated manufacturing assembly cells
- Knowledge of projection welding
- Knowledge of tube bending and tube forming a plus
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good Leadership skills
- Good knowledge of welding processes.
- Knowledge of technical controls and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good working knowledge of IATF 16949:2016
- Must have LEAN or Process Improvement Implementation experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Welding Engineer: 5 years (Required)