Niagara Energy Product is a large nuclear engineering and fabrication company. We are a job shop with CWB division one and ASME-TSSA nuclear grade certification. We work closely with our valuable customers to ensure our products exceed their expectations and always deliver on time and within extremely tight deadlines.
Niagara Energy Products is currently accepting resumes for a Stainless Steel Welder/Fitter to support our LLW project (Spent Resin Containers). This is a full-time position and is based out of our facility in Fort Erie, ON.
The purpose of Stainless Steel Welder/Fitter position is to accurately weld containers according to the drawings and specifications.
In this position, you will…
- Accurately read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and drawing specifications.
- Fit and Tack weldments as per drawings.
- Weld fabrications as per drawing.
- Inspect work in progress and upon completion for adherence to drawing specifications.
- Verify dimensions of fabrications for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Adhere to CWB procedures.
- Work in a safe manner according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Follow all company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Some overtime and weekends may be required.
What you will bring to this position…
- Knowledge and experience on welding and fitting of Stainless-steel material is a must! 3-5 years
- Experience as a welder/fitter and the ability to read and interpret blueprints. 3-5 years
- Previous experience in FCAW and TIG welding. 3-5 years
- Pipe-fitting/mechanical assembly experience. 3-5 years
- The ability to successfully pass an internal weld test as per ASME or CWB requirements.
- A CWB certification or equivalent is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in operating overhead cranes and forklifts.
- The ability to work in a face-paced environment with a passion for quality.
Application Deadline: 2021-01-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.62 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 3 years (Required)