KMS Industries is looking for experienced Steel Fitters/Metal Fabricators
Metal Fabricators lay out, cut, fit, tack, weld and fabricate steel and miscellaneous metals for use in fabrication and for repairs.
- Possession of valid CWB tickets or equivalent (eg: ASME)
- Proficiency in the English language (oral and written)
- Press Brake experience considered an asset
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Skills to tack-weld or weld components and assemblies using gas, arc, or other welding equipment using weld procedures.
- Skills to tack-weld components in flat, and/ or vertical, and/or overhead positions.
- Ability to install fabricated components to their final destination (eg: pipe spool)
- Ability to remove rough spots from work piece using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Skills to heat, form, and dress metal parts using hand tools, torch, arc welding equipment.
- Ability to follow all Safety Policies & Procedures that are implemented and maintained, at all work locations.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds unaided.
- Work which may occur in the shop, at an off-site location, indoor and/or outdoor environments and on board a vessel.
- Ability to be able to board large vessels, work within small spaces, at significant heights and in inclement weather.
- Travel within the HRM and occasional travel to other NS locations (company provided vehicle & double occupancy accommodations).
- This is an hourly paid position. Hourly rate is dependent on qualifications and experience. Our regular business hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Must be able to work overtime. Overtime will be required on an as-needed, per job basis.
About KMS Industries:
KMS is a locally owned company incorporated in November 2004. We are located in the Woodside Industrial Park, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Our facility consists of a fully equipped 12,000 sq ft workshop, complete with two 10T overhead cranes. We have a one acre lay-down yard which is secured by perimeter fencing and video surveillance.
Our company is Canadian Welding Bureau registered and certified to both 47.1 and 47.2. We have a Quality program which abides by the ASME Standard Requirements and are certified for pressure piping. We also have a full safety program and are COR certified.
KMS provides metal fabrication and repair services, marine refits and related repairs throughout Atlantic Canada by offering full fabrication, mechanical, machining and hydraulic support services.
Our services include:
- Metal fabrication – 12 ft, 150 ton press brake and 250 ton shear
- Machining services
- Cutting services – 8 x 20 CNC premium HD plasma cutting table
- Carbon steel, aluminum & stainless steel fabrication and repairs
- Mechanical, hydraulic & HVAC repairs
- Certified to carry our pressure piping fabrication & repairs
- Specialty fabrication of compression, extension & torsion springs
No phone calls please. We thank all those who express an interest in working with us however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time