About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast. We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast. As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR’s financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is seeking a Structural Welder for future positions in North and South Carolina. You must be able to Lay out, fit, and weld fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts.
Southern Industrial is seeking a Structural Welder for a 6 month project in Alexandria, LA.
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Layout, position, aligns, cut, assemble, and fit metal components together in various body positions and in various places.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or arc gas welding equipment.
- Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Detect, recognize, and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Identify all equipment for job and process.
- Identify all safety risks and requirements.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting. Required to use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Will work at slight heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off platforms using the appropriate fall protection requirements. Must be able to work in weathering conditions including heat conditions while wearing appropriate PPE. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leatherwork boots.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled