New Format Studio specializes in metalworking – specifically high quality architectural and furniture manufacturing.
We are looking for a Studio Fabricator/Metalworker who wants to work in a creative environment. The candidate needs to have more then 5 years experience in metalworking, welding, metal fabrication, architectural and/or furniture manufacturing.
The successful applicant will be motivated by producing work of high quality, in a safe, clean, intelligent, and efficient manner.
The expectations of the Fabricator are:
1) Fabricate within the parameters established by the Studio Director
2) Quickly learn New Format processes & techniques to achieve the expected high-quality standard.
3) Adapt to situations as they arise and be capable of integrating changes needed for the benefit of the organization
4) Work & communicate positively in a team environment.
5) Take initiative to further improve the studio production processes and workshop
6) Ability to organize their workload and take responsibility for the progress & the accomplishment of their work
7) Being creative
The Studio Fabricator reports to and have work delegated to them by the Studio Director.
This position could be a good fit for someone who has a good generalist skill set but experience with production of high quality items, or conversely could be a good fit for an experienced metalworker or welder who wants to diversify their skills. Your current skillset will determine your starting pay grade, but your motivation and desire for self-improvement will determine your potential for success and growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
Fabricating pieces involves building them, solo or in cooperation with other team members. As working with metal is central to our practice, this typically involves welding, fitting, bending, forming, blending, polishing, patinating, painting, and finishing, but can involve working with wood, plastics, fabric, paper, or any other number of mediums. Projects can also involve coordination and installation.
It is important that the applicant is capable and willing to learn to produce to quickly meet our standard. They should be able to fabricate independently, and consistently. Most of all, the applicant needs the ability and desire to learn new skills and problem solve.
Qualifications and Skills
Good knowledge of the different materials & basic tools
To be considered for this position you must have a strong skill set in the following:
– Fabrication of metal components and structures
– Fine metal finishing – blending, graining, polishing, patina
Please outline in your cover letter or personal email how your personal skill set relates to these responsibilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Metal Finishing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Metalworking: 5 years (Preferred)