John Deere Turf Care is seeking qualified Welders.
In this position, you will:
- Perform ordinary hand welding operations.
- Care required in blocking, clamping, or holding parts in relative position to avoid distortion.
- Operate welding equipment, regulate current and voltage or gas and feed rate for proper fusion of metals.
- Inspect and test raw materials, purchased parts and components, in-process products, and finished products for quality, purity, or compliance with specifications.
- Extensive use of drawings, blueprints, and written specifications in coordination with precision measuring instruments, devices, or gauges to ensure conformance with standards.
- Compares finished products with parts lists or sample models to ensure accurate assembly.
- Checks for irregularities and defects.
- Record test data
- Check accuracy of gauges, scales, and other measuring instruments.
- Inspect a wide variety of parts and finished goods to very close tolerances for conformity to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Set-up parts on inspection platform or device; make a variety of gauging checks; and improvise methods for checking unusual parts.
- Use precision measuring equipment, such as micrometers, vernier calipers, gear calipers, gauge blocks, hardness testers, optical devices, indicators or meters, and CMM.
- Operate robotic/automated weld equipment.
- Performs training and fill-in when necessary.
- Receives general instructions from supervisor. Work is not closely supervised.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations in the performance of job duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Post High School Technical Training
- Production MIG (GMAW) welding experience preferred
- Knowledge of AWS welding symbols
- Capable of working in a self-directed manner and able to meet deadlines
- Possess strong organization skills
- Possess excellent communication and listening skills
We offer a very competitive pay and benefits package which includes:
- Production bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Bonus Plan
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Employee Purchase Plan Rebate
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.