Vulcraft Canada, Inc, A Division of Nucor Corporation is currently looking for a fabricator to join our Leduc, Alberta team.
The Cut-out fabricator is responsible for safely cutting and splice welding steel joist chords to meet the quality standards and specifications demanded by our Quality Assurance Program and of our industry regulators.
- Shearing and cutting of steel joist chord materials to requirements of our shop order.
- Perform various fit up and production GMAW welding operations on angle iron joist chords if splicing is required.
- Interpret weld symbols and follow weld procedures.
- Setting welding machine to assure quality welds meeting the requirement of CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) and our internal standards.
- Utilizing cutting torch or plasma torch as required.
- Operation of bandsaws and ironworker as required.
- Utilize overhead crane to lift within capacity of crane.
- Maintaining work area and equipment in a clean an orderly condition.
- Perform tasks as required by Supervisor.
- Be willing to help the team succeed wherever possible.
- Capable of achieving CWB certification in GMAW S Classification is a condition of employment.
- Journeyman / Red Seal welder certification is considered an asset, but not a necessity.
- High School Diploma.
Prior experience in the steel industry is considered an asset
Medical, Dental, RRSP match and Stock Purchase Program