Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Welder. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our Metal Plant location in Hickory, NC. 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts are available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welding parts into position for seat boxes, rocker bases and power yolk machines.
- Perform checks.
- Follow prints on work orders.
- Place parts onto fixture, engage machine for rocker base weld.
- Set up fixture for seat boxes and power yoke mechanisms for manual weld
- Place completed welded parts on rack for transport to next process.
- Place assigned welder mark on assembler.
- Complete necessary paperwork that will be used for SPC and maintain production schedule.
- Properly identify all containers as WIP, rework, or non-conforming product.
- Maintain safe operation.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measure, industrial size hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take direction well.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must have 1-2 years of production welding experience (MIG Welding)
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- MIG welding: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma