Triple M Metal LP is currently seeking qualified applicants for the positions of Welder CWB certified. This position will be stationed at our Brampton, ON location and is a full time position offering a competitive total rewards package, including competitive base salary, performance incentive plan, group benefits and pension; with opportunities for career advancement in a growing company.
Schedule: DAYS: Monday to Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Weekends as required.
We are transforming the way we work and want you to be a part of it. As part of the Welding team you will will cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or sites. The welder will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
Triple M Metal wants to create an efficient circular economy, recycling at its best. For forty years we have focused on finding homes for the scrap metal that our society generates. Our industry knowledge of the metal markets makes us a leader in both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. We see ourselves on a tremendous growth path with a target of doubling our volume in the next five years.
Are you up for the challenge? In Ferrous and Non-Ferrous we try to salvage and recycle any material that can be re-used. We want to achieve world-class operational excellence in improving our procedures, and implementing manufacturing best practices.
What do you bring to the table? How do your skills and Triple M’s needs match up to make the ultimate tag team?
What we expect from you:
- Use hand/power tools to prepare various types of materials for the welding process;
Bend various lengths of pipe
- Manually weld, incorporating various techniques/positions: Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) and Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
Cut materials using Oxy Acetylene Torch
o Custom fabrication projects as assigned
Welding maintenance on production equipment
- To assist in completing welding projects through the following: Forklift operation as required; Perform service calls at other locations as required: Rigging and use of overhead crane as required
- Conduct assessment on machinery, storage containers, etc. Complete repairs where needed
Relay concerns to proper channels (Supervisor, H&S rep, etc.)
REQUIRED: * 1-2 years of work experience * Previously obtained CWB
- Previous experience with manual welding techniques SMAW, GMAW and FCAW
- Proven experience with equipment repair
- Familiarity with blueprint reading
- Working experience with rigging
- Working experience operating overhead crane
Want to meet us? Great! We want to meet you too! Here are some things to prepare for the interview
- Examples of how you interact with teammates and customers, putting the success of the team above personal limitations
- Come with your passion and tell us how you want to change the way that we do work!
Triple M Metal LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact 905-793-7083, ext. 298 to discuss your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.50-$23.40 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 2 years (Required)
- Working Outdoors: 1 year (Preferred)