About Us: Calhoun Super Structure Ltd, is one of the first fabric building manufacturers in the industry and have been in business for over 25 years. We are a true pioneer in the fabric structure industry in many important ways. OUR STRENGTH IS OUR STRUCTURE. Our production facility is located right off of Hwy 21 south of Goderich.
Calhoun Super Structure is actively looking to hire a skilled and experienced WELDER. Candidates main responsibilities are welding final assemblies using production fixtures/jigs in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
**Those called for an onsite interview will perform a weld test. **
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Energetic individuals, able to work in fast paced environment with high productivity.
- Minimum 3 years experience with GMAW (MIG) welding in a production environment.
- Transferable CWB certification is an asset.
- Experience using overhead cranes an asset.
- Able to read tape measure is a must (using imperial)
- Weld parts to specified dimensions and standards.
- Ensure that all welds are complete and of good quality.
- Read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Assist or mentor other welders when needed.
- Ensure proper care of welding equipment and supplies.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective and courteous manner with coworkers and supervisors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Willingness to work overtime, including weekends, and prepared to move to afternoon shift if required.
Handling and Physical Requirements:
- Shift: Monday through Thursday 6am – 4:30 pm; Friday off
- Standing for up to 10 hours per day
- Frequent movement (lifting, carrying, bending, turning and pulling)
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment as per company standards (safety glasses, gloves and steel-toed CSA certified boots)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $19.00-$24.00 per hour
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- MIG welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Required)