We are looking to employ a skilled, competent, and experienced Welder/Fabricator Foreman for our steel shop. The candidate will be an experienced tradesman with the ability to read and interpret shop drawings as well as fabricate projects on schedule.
A Journeyman Fabricator or Welder is desired for this position but not a requirement.
We cover a diverse range of projects. One day the candidate could find themselves fabricating equipment for a manufacturing facility and the next day working on beams for a multi-million dollar house. We pride ourselves on having the ability to satisfy both sides of the industry.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead position and fabricate guards and parts
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding and other equipment
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes
- Recognizes, sets up, and operates hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Required to help all other maintenance personal as required.
- Report anything that is unsafe or hazardous to maintenance lead hand, foreman and Plant Manager immediately
- Adhere to Health and Safety standards and have a safety-first work style
- Maintain housekeeping in the working area at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications
- Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
- Able to operate brake press, shear, ironworker, bandsaw, and other fabrication machines
- Tig welding/MIG welding abilities
- Previous experience in welding and manufacturing.(School does not count)
- CWB’s – SMAW/FCAW
- Forklift ~ Working from heights – fall arrest – AWP Ticket’s ( min req)
- Familiarity with all welding tools and procedures
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Familiarity with brake press, shear, plate rolls, and fabrication equipment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under little supervision while maintaining strict quality control and accurate tolerances.
- Able to operate brake press, shear, ironworks, plate rolls, and machining equipment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Supervising: 5 years (Required)
- Welding: 10 years (Required)
- Fabrication: 10 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)